You Need a Financial Road Map
A smart financial plan supports your Big Ideas, helps avoid mistakes, and makes it easier to enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Isn’t that what we all want? Then why is it that so many are left wondering about their financial future instead of planning for it?
When you’re distracted by your career, your family, your hobbies, your social life, your other goals outside of ones relating to money, it’s easy for financial issues to slip through the cracks. It’s also easy to fall victim to the Big Mistake: Over-reaction to life stressors, or market despair or euphoria that leaves unintended and often lasting consequences.
A trusted professional employing smart, comprehensive planning does more than just manage investments. He or she can not only answer your questions and work with you to develop a financial road map customized for your individual situation, but also can help you stay the course when over-reaction might cause a significant, unwarranted change leading to a Big Mistake. If your long-term goals haven’t changed, neither should your long-term plan. Our advice helps avoid over-reaction and is some of our most important work together.
Here’s what you can expect in our financial planning:
- Assessment of your current situation and assets
- Defining your Big Ideas and what you hope to achieve
- Risk Assessment to determine if you are taking too much risk, or not enough, and if you own personal or employer-based investments that are unsuitable or inappropriate for you based on your individual or family situation
- Assessment of current fee structure: Are you paying too much?
- Retirement income planning and projections under different inflation, taxation, life and medical event scenarios
- Estate, insurance, and asset protection considerations
- Recommendations to stay the course or make strategic changes
- Written, well-documented plan to refer back to at any time